Best Viewed on a computer or laptop at the moment.
Welcome to the Official International Marine Mammal Conservation Society (IMMCS) website.
Thank you for being patient. We are doing some work on the site and will be back by spring/ summer, that's our plan anyway. We are small staffed so these changes will take time to implement, if you are interested in supporting our mission, don't hesitate to get in touch. Please scroll below to explore our information on the under construction site and learn more. We now have information on our future patrol vessel.
IMMCS was founded on March 26th, 2015 with the sole purpose of utilizing advanced technologies for fisheries enforcement, marine research, anti whaling, debris removal, rescue and rehabilitation, habitat restoration and direct action approach that is both overwhelming and effective.
The International Marine Mammal Conservation Society is a global marine conservation organization founded on March, 26th, 2015, aiming to protect marine animals and ecosystems through research, rescue and rehabilitation, education and direct action.
We take on an enforcement role by physically obstructing, harassing and shutting down illegal whaling and fishing activities on the high seas.
Changes to the site will include;
- More Extensive Security Features
- A new "Report A Fisheries Crime" function.
- Take Action Areas
- Easier, more streamlined donation process.
- Ship Fundraiser (for both a used and new patrol vessel which is in development)
- A way for volunteers to join, submit applications, keep track of hours, campaign progress and more via our website.
Potential New Campaigns may be launched too which could include;
- Beach Cleanups both traditional walks and with a fundraiser for a state of the art beach cleaning system (Cleanup system found, but exploring possible cheaper systems).
- A North Pacific Anti Whaling Campaign (being looked into and planned).
- A California Abalone Anti Poaching campaign. (Investigating this issue more before planning a full fledged campaign. The struggling population of invertebrates is showing more signs of distress due to the massive kelp die-off, which may lead to further limits in fishing). If they adopt more strict measures, it is possible we can just undertake a monitoring campaign.
Existing campaigns which will carry over to 2018;
- Operation Whale Defence (2018) in Norway.
If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
Visit our volunteer application page to learn more about what we are currently looking for in volunteers. Follow this link to begin the process: Volunteer Now
Proposed Marine Research/ Rescue and Rehabilitation/ Anti Poaching Vessel.
The Long Range Offshore Interdiction Patrol & Research Vessel, Dubbed: M/V Barracuda
The M/V Barracuda is a highly advanced global fisheries/conservation and anti poaching patrol vessel armored against an attack and capable of performing worldwide high speed, long range heavy weather fisheries patrol, research, rescue and rehabilitation duties utilizing advanced research equipment, technologies, propulsion and sensors to aid in fulfilling the mission requirements laid out by IMMCS
The vessels core functions will be anti poaching and deterring illegal fishing/ whaling vessels from operating in the presence of IMMCS. In addition to this core function, the vessel can perform rescue and rehabilitation roles at sea - something no other organization can do without aid from on shore or a fixed rehabilitation facility, if they can do it, it's in a limited role and with a much shorter response time. We aim to change this by providing all the same functions but at sea with the M/V Barracuda, with a quicker response time and sea pens for larger marine mammals. The same work done on land can be performed at sea with this vessel in development. (The vessel is still being designed for this feature and there is no current information on this aspect of the vessels potential operations besides the information currently laid out).
Before we sign a contract for the vessel we will fund-raise in advance for its fuel and some of the other required assets that make this ship as we outline above, so capable. The most vital pieces of the ship will be fund-raised for in advance, such as the steel/ or aluminium plating for the vessels outer shell, fuel (for 2 campaigns, one Antarctica Mission (with reserve fuel) and one Africa/ Indonesia mission (with reserve fuel) and sensors. The intercept craft (which will be custom built and can be manned or unmanned) will be fund-raised for in the next phase along with the interior furnishings, research, rescue and rehabilitation and debris removal equipment.
- Length of 65-70 meters
- Situational Awareness Capabilities
- Speed in excess of 40 knots (Exact Top Speed Is Classified, It is capable of outrunning high speed craft)
- Plus 15,000nm range @ cruising speed of 17-18 knots. Range at 40+ knots is 1,000+ nm (True Range At High Speed Remains Classified, Previous Figures on the high speed/range are not accurate due to modifications since)
- The vessel can withstand sea state 7, the class notation is Unrestricted Navigation.
- LR-APS (long range anti poaching system)
- The vessel will be equipped with 2 bow thrusters rated over 120kw.
- Several Seakeeper Anti Roll systems to limit up to 90% of the ships roll in rough weather, which creates a safe and stable working environment on board.
- Hybrid Propulsion of 2 water jets and 2 propellers (possibly run on bio-fuel).
- Non Lethal Protection Systems include entire ship security in under 10 seconds with ballistic protections, an armored hull in sensitive sections, anti boarding equipment, 4 external fire fighting pumps classed FIFI II capable of more than 60,000 gallons per a minute, Long Range Acoustic Devices on port and starboard sides, among private security.
- Detection systems will include long range radars, satellite surveillance, airborne sensors, unmanned surveillance vessels (capable of 12 months at sea, others capable of over 3,500nm), airborne and small boat early warning radars, systems such as ELINT, among other sensors.
- More than 10 Intervention and Research craft can be carried on board, some unmanned and some not. These include Unmanned Surface Vessels (USV's), Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUV'S), Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV's) and a Submarine.
- Aviation Facilities on board have been designed to launch, refuel, maintain and operate helicopters and unmanned air vehicles (UAV's) irrespective of adverse weather conditions and day or night.
- Other equipment that can be carried on board are crew vehicles (which can be loaded and unloaded via the crane on board) and transported anywhere in the world for conservation, anti poaching and research operations where crew must be safely transported. (Poachers will go to any lengths to defend their operations, which is why we take crew and vessel security seriously.) Other gear which can be carried includes "mission" packages that can be placed on board for whatever mission. These include;
- Habitat Restoration
- Fisheries Enforcement (Ensuring Compliance)
- Rescue & Rehabilitation with sea pens while at sea
- Debris Removal
- Plastic Clean Up
- Introducing Hatchery wildlife back into the ecosystem to counter poaching of turtles and the like). This is where crew would be tasked with finding and collecting eggs on shore and setting up a place to hatch them safely without poachers or predators. To ensure further safety, they can be hatched on board the vessel and when ready to be released, they can be taken to shore at a time where it is more natural for them hatch and go to sea.
- This is a very adaptable vessel, with a huge deck space and interior capabilities to organize different engine room configurations or unmanned vehicles hangar, different systems or special equipment locations both in central and side hulls. The vessel can be ice class and/or stealth, to help in sneaking up on illegal fishing vessels.
HELICOPTER | RHIBS | UNMANNED VESSELS | VEHICLES | RESEARCH | ANTI POACHING | PROTECTION SYSTEMS
- Eurocopter EC155 B1 and Unmanned Air Vehicles Central Hangar
- 11,0 m custom rhib On deck
- 10,5 m rhib On deck
- 9,0 m custom rhib On deck
- 8,0 m rhib On deck
- 1x Submarine Central Hangar
- 2x Crew/Volunteer Small Arms Bulletproof Protection Assets Central Hangar
- 7x Modified Jet Ski Kawasaki Aft Hangar
- Kayaks, Lasers and others Aft Hangar
- Diving set (air bottles & air compressor) Aft Hangar
- On Board Armory for fisheries enforcement and maritime security officers
- 5,500-9000 volt electric anti boarding device will be installed
- 200 meter close in ship security/defense system (non lethal)
- 800 meter whale safety zone and anti-encroachment limit. (Max range before being engaged or warned off by IMMCS assets). This zone is now in force to prevent the whalers from coming too close to any whales without a response by our Sea Based Anti Poaching Unit (SB-APU).
Help Us End Whaling & Poaching
VIDEO COMING SOON
Project to be continued....stay tuned for more information.
[email protected] (forms coming soon)